email: anain (AT) andrew.cmu.edu
Faculty at Virginia Tech
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
- A. S. Nain, F. Chung, M. Rule, J. A. Jadlowiec, P. G. Campbell, C. Amon, and M. Sitti, ''Microrobotically Fabricated Biological Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering,'' Proc. of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Conference, Rome, Italy, April 2007, in press.
- A. Nain, J. Wong, C. Amon, and M. Sitti, ''Drawing suspended polymer micro/nanofibers using glass micropipettes,'' Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no.18, pp. 183105-7, 2006. Also appeared on the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, vol. 14, no. 20, November 13, 2006. pdf
- A. Nain, C. Amon, and M. Sitti, ''Proximal Probes based Nanorobotic Drawing of Polymer Micro/Nanofibers,'' IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 499-510, Sept. 2006. pdf
- A. Nain, C. Amon, and M. Sitti, ''Polymer Micro/Nanofiber Fabrication using Micro/Nanopipettes,'' Proc. of the IEEE Nanotechnology Conference, pp. 366-369, Nagoya, Japan, July 2005.
- A. Nain and M. Sitti, ''Micro/Nano Polymer Fiber Manufacturing using Atomic Force Microscope: Key steps to Nano-manufacturing'', Proc. of the IEEE Mechatronics Conference, Turkey, June 2004.
- A. Nain, D. Goldman, and M. Sitti, ''Three-Dimensional Nanoscale Manipulation and Manufacturing using Proximal Probes: Controlled Pulling of Polymer Micro/Nanofibers'', Proc. of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Conference, New Orleans, LA, USA, April 26, 2004. (Best Manipulation Paper Nomination)
- A. Nain and M. Sitti, ''3-D Nanoscale Manufacturing by Nanoprobes based Controlled Pulling of Liquid Polymers,'' IEEE Nanotechnology Conference, pp. 60-63, San Francisco, USA, August 2003. pdf