email: bAksak (AT) cmu.edu
Now at Nanogriptech
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering - Carnegie Mellon University 2008
M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering - Carnegie Mellon University 2005
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering - Middle East Technical University 2003
Synthetic Gecko Inspired Adhesive
- B. Aksak, M.P. Murphy, and M. Sitti. Adhesion of biologically inspired vertical and
angled polymer microfiber arrays. Langmuir, 23(6):3322-3332, 2007.
- Burak Aksak, Metin Sitti, Alan Cassell, Jun Li, Meyya Meyyappan, and Phillip Callen.
Friction of partially embedded vertically aligned carbon nanofibers inside elastomers.
Applied Physics Letters, 91(6):061906, 2007.
- M. P. Murphy, B. Aksak, and M. Sitti. Adhesion and anisotropic friction enhancements
of angled heterogeneous micro-fiber arrays with spherical and spatula tips. Journal of
Adhesion Science and Technology,, 21(12-13):1281-1296, 2007.
- B. Yang, B. Aksak, Q. Lin, , and M. Sitti. Compliant and low-cost humidity sensors using
nano-porous polymer membranes. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 114(1):254-262, 2006.
- Burak Aksak, Preethi Srinivas Bhat, Jason D. Campbell, Michael De Rosa, Stanislav
Funiak, Phillip B. Gibbons, Seth Copen Goldstein, Carlos Guestrin, Ashish Gupta,
Casey Helfrich, James F. Hoburg, Brian Kirby, James Kuffner, Peter Lee, Todd C.
Mowry, Padmanabhan Pillai, Ramprasad Ravichandran, Benjamin D. Rister, Srinivasan
Seshan, Metin Sitti, and Haifeng Yu. Demo abstract: Claytronics - highly scalable
communications, sensing, and actuation networks. In Proceedings of the 3rd international
conference on Embedded networked sensor systems (SenSys), page 299, 2005.
- Seth Copen Goldstein, Todd C. Mowry, Jason D. Campbell, Peter Lee, Padmanabhan
Pillai, James F. Hoburg, Phillip B. Gibbons, Carlos Guestrin, James Kuffner, Brian
Kirby, Benjamin D. Rister, Michael De Rosa, Stanislav Funiak, Burak Aksak, and
Rahul Sukthankar. The ensemble principle. In 13th Foresight Conference of Advanced
Nanotechnogy, San Francisco, CA, October 2005.
- Brian Kirby, Burak Aksak, Seth Copen Goldstein, James F. Hoburg, Todd C. Mowry,
and Padmanabhan Pillai. A modular robotic system using magnetic force effectors. In
In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems
(IROS '07), October 2007.
- Brian Kirby, Jason D. Campbell, Burak Aksak, Padmanabhan Pillai, James F. Hoburg,
Todd C. Mowry, and Seth Copen Goldstein. Catoms: Moving robots without moving
parts. In AAAI (Robot Exhibition), pages 1730-1, Pittsburgh, PA, July 2005.
- S. Kim, B. Aksak and M. Sitti, Enhanced friction of elastomer microfiber adhesives with
spatulate tips. Applied Physics Letters, 2007, in press.